Royal Holloway, University of London (“Royal Holloway”) and National Film and Television School (“NFTS”)
This privacy notice relates to the information you provide to Royal Holloway, University of London (“Royal Holloway”) and National School of Film and Television (“NFTS”) for the purposes of expressing your interest in StoryFutures Academy. Royal Holloway and NFTS are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use your personal data and to meeting our obligations under data-protection law.
We, Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham Hill, Egham, TW20 0EX, telephone number 01784 434455
, and National School of Film and Television, Beaconsfield Studios, Station Road, Beaconsfield, Bucks HP9 1LG, are the data controllers for personal data relating to you that we process.
Where do we get your personal data from?
We will only process personal data supplied by you via our Google Form.
What personal data about you might we hold?
Information held about you may include:
Why do we process your personal data?
- your name;
- your email address; and
- your company name.
We only process your personal data for specified purposes and if it is justified in accordance with data-protection law. The table below lists the various purposes for which we process personal data and the corresponding justification for it.
Who can access your personal data?
|To inform you about future opportunities and developments surrounding the StoryFutures Academy project and StoryFutures R&D programme.
|To analyse interest in StoryFutures Academy.
||Our legitimate interest in assessing interest in our projects and programmes.
|To send you StoryFutures Academy newsletters.
||Our legitimate interest in publicising StoryFutures Academy.
We will only send you electronic marketing with your consent and each of our newsletters will give you the option to unsubscribe.
Royal Holloway and NFTS internal StoryFutures Academy teams who administer this project and our partners in the StoryFutures Academy and StoryFutures R&D programme will be able to access your personal data. We will not share your personal data with any other third parties or use it for marketing purposes other than as detailed above.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will normally keep your data which you have supplied to us for the purposes of expressing your interest in StoryFutures Academy for the duration of the StoryFutures and StoryFutures Academy projects, which we expect to last for 5 years.
If you go on to take part in a StoryFutures Academy project, we will continue to retain your personal data for the purposes of facilitating your participation in the project, informing you for opportunities and activities, and for analysis and evaluation of StoryFutures for up to ten years. There will be a separate privacy notice, covering these issues at the point of your involvement in the project.
What are your rights?
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data processed by us:
- to gain access to your personal data;
- to rectify inaccuracies or where appropriate, given the purposes for which your data is processed, the right to have incomplete data completed;
- to have your personal data erased. This is a limited right which applies, among other circumstances, when the data is no longer required or the processing has no legal justification. There are exceptions to this right, such as when the processing is required by law or in the public interest;
- to object to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes. If you ask us to delete your personal data, we will continue to maintain a core set of personal data comprising very brief information to ensure that we do not inadvertently contact you in future;
- to object to the processing of your personal data when such processing is based on the public interest or other legitimate interests, unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue with the processing;
- to restrict the processing of your personal data. This is a limited right which will apply in specific circumstances and for a limited period;
- to ask for the transfer of your data electronically to a third party; and
- where the legal basis for us processing your personal data is your consent, to withdraw that consent at any time.
You may exercise your rights against each of Royal Holloway and NFTS.
Exercising your rights, queries and complaints
For more information on your rights, if you wish to exercise any right or for any queries or complaints you may have, please contact a Data Protection Officer:
Royal Holloway’s Data Protection Officer: Data Protection Officer FE029 – Founders East, Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham Hill, Egham, TW20 0EX, +44 (0)1784 414477
NFTS’s Data Protection Officer: Data Protection Officer, NFTS, Beaconsfield Studios, Station Road, Beaconsfield, Bucks HP9 1LG
You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) about the way in which we process your personal data. You can make a complaint on the ICO’s website https://ico.org.uk/
Revisions to the this privacy notice
We may revise this privacy notice at any time in response to changes in the law or other factors. We encourage you to periodically visit our website to review the most current notice, or obtain a copy by contacting us directly.